Thursday, December 11, 2008

Education Theory

To all my friends not in education, if you want to get a glimpse at what ed school is like and get an overview of some basic but important ideas in education theory, I am posting my term paper for my grad class this semester.  I'm doing this not because I think it's especially good, but I might be curious of what all this was about if I weren't a teacher.

John McCain said that "Education is the civil rights issue of this century," and Nobel Prize Winning Economist Ed Glaeser has called for a "Marshall Plan" in eaducation so America can not only cope with, but be at the frontier of new knowledge and technology.  The two ideas I discuss in the paper are, I think, central to the pedagogical dimension to this enormous challenge.

You can view it here.  Any comments or feedback are welcome.

No comments: